Scottish Faiths Action for Refugees is a multi-faith partnership project hosted by the Church of Scotland.
We seek to co-ordinate and promote action by faith communities in Scotland to support asylum seekers and refugees. Our vision is for Scotland to be a safe place where refugees and asylum seekers feel welcomed, included and can flourish, and that faith groups have played an integral part in enabling this.
We are working with Christian, Jewish, Muslim and Interfaith groups. Through our commitment to each other and a sharing of common values of human dignity and protection, we have our own story to tell of hospitality and welcome.
The members of the partnership are:
- Baháʼí Community in Scotland
- Church of Scotland
- Interfaith Scotland
- Methodist Church in Scotland
- Muslim Council of Scotland
- Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) in Scotland
- Scottish Ahlul Bayt Society
- Scottish Catholic Bishops’ Conference
- Scottish Council of Jewish Communities
- Scottish Episcopal Church
- The Salvation Army – Scotland Office
- United Free Church of Scotland
- United Reformed Church –National Synod of Scotland
If you represent a local or national faith, religion or belief group, or a faith-based charity in Scotland and would like to be part of this work, please contact us.